Challenging Education Speaker Biography
Clare Edmondson, founder of Changing Behaviour LTD UK, has been a teacher for fifteen years. She has worked in a variety of mainstream schools, mental health school units, ASD provisions and pupil referral units. She has a wealth of expertise in working with the most challenging of students and trains staff on aspect of dealing with challenging behaviour in and outside the classroom.
Minimising Meltdowns – Workshop
We all have had those moments in the classroom where we feel that our children are out of control and consequently, we as staff, also feel out of control.
We all have had those moments in the classroom where we feel that our children are out of control and consequently, we as staff, also feel out of control. Believe me, I have been there. But what if we started to let our panic subside and see beyond the meltdown? Perhaps if we started seeing what that meltdown might be communicating to us? If we can take a step back and reflect on: what is driving the behaviour, how is it affecting me and my response and how can I plan for this behaviour? We just might be able to minimise meltdowns.
I spend time in this workshop reflecting on challenging behaviour exploring the behaviours that most challenge staff, the stages that happen in crisis, what causes meltdowns and, lastly, what are some practical solutions to managing those behaviours in the classroom? This is a reflective hands-on workshop that focuses on solutions.
- Able Learners and ADHD – Debra Troxclair
- Autism Spectrum Disorder – Dr Claire Hughes-Lynch
- Challenges in raising gifted children – Julie Taplin
- Differentiating Process – Tracy Inman
- Dual Exceptional Students – Eleonoor van Gerven
- Inclusion and Giftedness – Eleonoor van Gerven
- Learning Intelligence – Kevin Hewitson
- Learning Quotient – Kevin Hewitson
- Limiting exclusion – Laurie Cornwell
- Mental Health and Well-being – Dr Asha Patel
- Minimising Meltdowns – Clare Edmondson
- Motivating Resistant, Reluctant Gifted Learners – Diane Heacox