Challenging Education – Meaningful responses to complex behaviour in an inclusive educational environment
Wednesday 1st May 2019
Easthampstead Park Conference Centre www.eastpark.co.uk
Being a teacher offers us the opportunity to excel in what we are good at: seeing, understanding and responding to educational needs. It offers us the opportunity to make the difference for each child we come across in our career. It offers us the opportunity to encourage children to become competent, autonomous people who feel connected to the society they live in. We help them to develop their talents so that they can contribute to the society in a way that is as rewarding for the society as it is for themselves. There is challenge in that for all of us.
This conference will provide delegates a solution-focused approach and the opportunity to participate in discussions ensuring every delegate will feel challenged.
Who should attend?
- School counsellors
- School psychologists
- Specialists in educating able learners
- Alternative provision staff
- Project leaders for challenging behaviour
- SEN teachers
- Teacher educators
£275 – plus VAT.
Discount codes available
Your registration fee includes coffee, tea and lunch.
- Limiting exclusion – Laurie Cornwell
- Inclusion and giftedness – Drs Eleonoor van Gerven
- Students with autism spectrum disorders in the regular classroom – Dr Claire Hughes-Lynch
- Challenges in raising gifted children – Julie Taplin
- Able learners and ADHD: teacher’s toolkit – Dr Debbie Troxclair
- Dual exceptional students, executive skills and 21st-century skills – Drs Eleonoor van Gerven
- Coping with resistance in times of changes – Dr Anne Marie Rattray
- Opportunities for differentiation – Dr Tracy Ford-Inman
- Overcoming underachievement – Prof Dr Diane Heacox
- How to cope with meltdowns – Clare Edmondson
- Emotional wellbeing in education – Dr Asha Patel
- The influence of learning quotient on challenging behaviour – Kevin Hewitson
|09:45-10:45||keynote A | parallel program breakout 1,2,3,4|
|11:15-12:15||keynote B | parallel program breakout 5,6,7,8|
|13:30-14:30||keynote C | parallel program breakout 1,2,3,4|
|15:00-16:00||keynote D | parallel program breakout 5,6,7,8|
This conference is a British-Dutch joint venture of “Changing Behaviour” and “Slim! Educatief” (Able Learners)
Clare Edmondson (Director) | Phone: 07789 516 413| website: www.changing-behaviour.co.uk
Eleonoor van Gerven (Director) | James Stewartstraat 13, 1325 JA Almere| The Netherlands|
Phone: 0031 6 40366307| email: email@example.com | website: www.slimeducatief.nl