Suitable For: All adults working in Primary & Early Years Settings
This course provides practical solutions in supporting children with challenging behaviour who have faced trauma or have attachment difficulties.
It works on the theory that, ‘if children can, they will,’ and helps staff to understand the roots of behaviour.
- Looking at the current perspectives of behaviour in schools.
- Behaviours that challenge us.
- Understand child development and the impact of trauma/bereavement/separation – linked to gaps in development.
- Attachment theory and impact on behaviour.
- Troubleshooting challenging situations – scripts and tips.
- Emotional literacy – listening and learning.
- Tips to help.