This course focuses on the difficult topic of mental health in schools and how schools can adopt a whole school approach helping our children with mental health difficulties and keeping everyone (including staff) healthy.
The course is suitable for both mainstream and specialist settings and has a primary and secondary version of the training available. It also can be adapted and bespoke to schools’ needs. Modules covered include:
Introduction to mental health
- Definition – What is mental health?
- Mental health needs – Conduct disorders, anxiety, depression, attachment disorders, eating disorders, substance misuse, self-harm
- SEND and Mental Health
Session 2: A whole school approach to supporting mental health needs
- Understanding emotional literacy
- Building character and resilience
- Working with parents and families
- Creating a healthy school team (adults and children)
Session 3: Developing a mentally healthy school
- Making positive changes
- Developing an effective Mental Health Policy
- Strategies and resources to support staff
Please fill out a booking form to request this course.