Suitable For: All adults working in Primary & Early Years Settings
This course provides practical solutions in supporting children with challenging behaviour in and outside the classroom.
It works on the theory that, ‘if children can, they will,’ and helps staff understanding the roots of behaviour.
- Looking at the current perspectives of behaviour in schools
- Behaviours that challenge us
- Understand child development and the impact of trauma/bereavement/separation – linked to gaps in development
- Attachment theory and impact on behaviour
- Troubleshooting challenging situations – scripts and tips
- Emotional literacy – listening and learning
- Tips to help
Date: Monday 10th December 2018
Time: 1pm – 4.00pm
The course is designed for SENCO’s, HLTA, TA’s, Mentors and Teachers to gain practical skills in developing the child’s emotional literacy.
The course covers:
- Introduction to emotional literacy in schools
- Understanding reasons behind emotional literacy gaps in children
- Current theories and practice relating to emotional literacy
- Psychology of the brain
- Strategies to help